The building’s been developed to support the making of work, the exploration of new ideas and to facilitate opportunities for people from different disciplines and backgrounds to come together.
Our spaces are versatile and can accommodate a broad range of activities from festivals, talks, dinners, filming & photography, performances, gigs, conferences, workshops and community groups who want to get-together.
Our ambitions is to work with a range of partners so let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll work with you to facilitate and achieve that.
- Ground Floor
- First Floor
What the building offers
- The building includes an open-plan workspace; dedicated event space and commercial kitchen / public cafe that work brilliantly for all types and scales of events
- Spaces can be used independently or as a whole venue
- Flexible, 24hr access
- Civic House Kitchen can provide all styles of catering for all styles of events
- 1 minute drive from M8 motorway – Junction 17
- Experienced venue manager and straightforward hire process
- An open-plan space filled with natural light that works well as one single space, or smaller, sectioned-off, intimate rooms. Private dinners, creative workshops, presentations and conferences all work really well in this space.
Please note the first floor is not currently accessible. This is something we are working to address but in the meantime if you are interesting in attending an event and require full access please get in touch – [email protected].
- A dedicated event space that provides versatility with brick walls, concrete floor and lots of natural light. This space is ideal for screenings, performances, talks and activities that require a fully controllable environment.
Standing – 150
Seated – 120
- Civic House Kitchen is a public canteen by day and a hireable commercial kitchen by night. The space has an informality that works well for presentations, workshops, gigs, dinners, performances, discussions and most styles of events.
Standing – 150
Seated – 100
“We loved the raw, industrial vibe for Just Start Here, our work-in-progress festival. It provided the perfect context for the audience and the artists who were trying something new – which chimes brilliantly with the ethos of the building –it was brilliant to host discussions about art and activism in a space that is centred around community progression and development. I can’t praise the Agile City team enough either, they were flexible and responsive and artistically engaged with what we wanted to achieve.”
Anna Hodgart – Engine Room Producer, National Theatre of Scotland
“Civic House provided the ideal festival hub for us. The ground floor of the venue served as café-bar, guest accreditation and screening room, which meant we were able to host festival delegates, guests, speakers and members of the public for screenings, discussions, live gigs, receptions, dinners and parties! We used Civic House Kitchen to cater for all our events and the food was excellent! The team went above and beyond to meet our hospitality and technical needs. We’re excited to continue working with Civic House in the future.”
Matt Lloyd – Director, Glasgow Short Film Festival
“As an open-source, eclectic festival we really look for our hub to support and present a great variety of our programme and we found the ideal space in Civic House. From clean, large open plan galley-style spaces to smaller, more unconventional rooms for smaller presentations We loved the additional opportunity to work outdoors via the exterior sites in front of the building – they gave us a great opportunity to really promote the festival. The team were also a joy to work with – well organised and responsive with an excellent range of skills and experience. We felt very well looked-after, comfortable and well-supported.”
Andy Summers – Director, Architecture Fringe