Civic House has been developed to support the making of work, the exploration of new ideas and to facilitate opportunities for people from different disciplines and backgrounds to come together.
Our spaces are versatile and can accommodate a broad range of activities from festivals, talks, dinners, filming & photography, performances, gigs, conferences, workshops and community groups who want to get-together.
Civic House also hosts a ‘Supported Programme’, made up of partner events that we support either through discounted rates or full in-kind venue hire. Supported events are promoted via our quarterly printed programme and via our digital channels.
Applications to the supported programme are reviewed by our programming committee on a quarterly basis. As a small team, this allows us to reserve the majority of our funding for the delivery of our projects, not on admin.
- Ground Floor
- First Floor
What the building offers
- The building includes an open-plan workspace; dedicated event space, public cafe, commercial kitchen and a flexible project space that suit a wide variety of events
- Spaces can be used independently or as a whole venue
- Flexible, 24hr access
- Experienced venue manager and straightforward hire process
- Catering provided by Civic House Kitchen
- A range of furniture, equipment and tech available for use
- Production office available
- 1 minute drive from M8 motorway – Junction 17
CIVIC HOUSE STUDIO
- The hot-desking area of Civic House Studio converts into an open plan events space outside of working hours (Mon-Fri – 5pm onwards, weekends). Private dinners, creative workshops, presentations and conferences all work really well in this space.
Please note the first floor is not currently accessible. This is something we are working to address but in the meantime if you are interesting in attending or hosting an event and require full access please get in touch – [email protected].
- A dedicated event space that provides versatility with brick walls, concrete floor and lots of natural light – but also has the ability to be blacked-out. This space is ideal for screenings, performances, talks and activities that require a fully controllable environment.
Standing – 120-150
Seated – 80-100
Civic House Kitchen is a public canteen by day and a hireable commercial kitchen and an event space by night (available after 5.30pm). The space has an informality that works well for presentations, workshops, gigs, dinners, performances, discussions and most styles of events!
Standing – 120-150
Seated – 60-80
A fully open and flexible space that facilitates a wide range of activities. Our project space is super versatile and our ambition is to support emerging practitioners, community groups and those looking to test ideas and present new work. White walls, controllable environment and fully accessible it’s a great blank canvas for your ideas.
“We loved the raw, industrial vibe for Just Start Here, our work-in-progress festival. It provided the perfect context for the audience and the artists who were trying something new – which chimes brilliantly with the ethos of the building –it was brilliant to host discussions about art and activism in a space that is centred around community progression and development. I can’t praise the Agile City team enough either, they were flexible and responsive and artistically engaged with what we wanted to achieve.”
Anna Hodgart – Engine Room Producer, National Theatre of Scotland
“Civic House provided the ideal festival hub for us. The ground floor of the venue served as café-bar, guest accreditation and screening room, which meant we were able to host festival delegates, guests, speakers and members of the public for screenings, discussions, live gigs, receptions, dinners and parties! We used Civic House Kitchen to cater for all our events and the food was excellent! The team went above and beyond to meet our hospitality and technical needs. We’re excited to continue working with Civic House in the future.”
Matt Lloyd – Director, Glasgow Short Film Festival
“As an open-source, eclectic festival we really look for our hub to support and present a great variety of our programme and we found the ideal space in Civic House. From clean, large open plan galley-style spaces to smaller, more unconventional rooms for smaller presentations We loved the additional opportunity to work outdoors via the exterior sites in front of the building – they gave us a great opportunity to really promote the festival. The team were also a joy to work with – well organised and responsive with an excellent range of skills and experience. We felt very well looked-after, comfortable and well-supported.”
Andy Summers – Director, Architecture Fringe